:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Have a pet? I need your help!



I am hoping that someone may be able to help me out with a pet related question that I have. My dog Laney, a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel, has a terrible hot spot. She has had it most of her life. It sometimes gets so bad that she will rub it raw. She isn't able to lick it because of it's location but will use the back of a chair if needed to soothe her discomfort or anything else that she can find. We rub her all the time. In the past I've used anti-itch medicine, bag balm, she has had Cortisone shots, allergy pills and Prednisone. I would like to know if anyone has any tips or tricks so that we can help her out. I would greatly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also have a cocker spaniel who has had a lifetime of allergies. I did a lot of research on diet etc, and after it helped her, I started a pet blog on it at htto://blog.ourdoglog.com

I haven't had a problem with hot spots specifically, but in my reading into Abby's skin and ear problems, I found that it's usually a diet problem, from chemicals and preservatives in the commercial pet food. Other causes are corn, or grains in the food. I found a home remedy that has worked very well on her ear problems, and it's also useful for any kind of itching on pets and humans. Here is the link to my posts on the home remedy:
http://blog.ourdoglog.com/2007/10/relief-for-dogs-ear-otitus.html

You might also find some useful info on diet - just check the left side of the blog under "posts by category", then look for dog diet and dog allergies. I hope this helps you, as I know how disturbing it is when your dog keeps itching themselves raw. Good luck
Chris

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.