:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Monday, March 23, 2009

My 2 day fast review

This weekend, I had decided to try a 2 day fast so that I could shed a few pounds. I wanted to "jump start" my metabolism. I must admit that when I started it that I had every intention of not cheating and holding out until Monday morning when I could eat again. I had purchased chocolate and it was delicious.

I made it through Saturday afternoon and then I had to eat something. Most of the day, I had tried sleeping it away and my husband cooked for everyone so I didn't have to. Eventually, I did give in and did have a few things to eat; nothing substantial though. It was okay to have fruit, water or diluted juice. I had Cheese-Its, a glass of wine and some corned beef.

I felt guilty for cheating so I started it again on Sunday, thinking that I could finish it and I did. I'm proud of myself for giving it a try but wish that I could have done better.

So, what were my results? When I weighed in, it had shown that I lost nothing. Isn't that a bummer!? Now, I have to tell you...I didn't follow the plan exactly and I am bloated from it being that time of the month. Tomorrow might yield better results. So you're asking yourself, "Should I try the 2 day fast?" I think it's worth a try but I also think that you can lose weight by making healthy choices and exercise.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, one thing that I was told is to eat about 5 times a day. Doesnt have to be big meals, little meals. I am dieting or so I thought. Until I stepped on the scale and looked at some pics over the weekend.

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

Deanna, You are correct. Eating 5 mini-meals is the way to go. It's typically what I do and I make sure to eat clean. If you ever need help with your routine, let me know.

Randa Derkson said...

I am on Day 1 of the fast right now and I have done it many times in the past. A couple years ago whenever I tried it I cheated and ended up failing.

Then the last two times I have completed it successfully. The most I have ever lost is 6.5 pounds, which I always gain right back.

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.