:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Friday, July 17, 2009

Are you ready for the 100 Point Challenge?


Even though we are half way through summer, it's never to late to get your beach ready body. I learned about this awesome challenge from fellow Coach Heather and have adapted it a bit. I am going to start on Monday, August 3rd and hope that you want to join me. Please tell your friends, family, coworkers, etc. about this challenge. It may be just what they need to help them stay on track or lose weight. Hopefully by posting this contest a few weeks in advance, it will help you determine the workouts that you would like to use, remove the junk from your kitchen, etc. If you need help with anything on here, please shoot me an email!

Here are the rules of the game!

100 POINT CHALLENGE: Adapted from the 100 point challenge on John Stone Fitness Forums (Thank you John Stone!)


THE MOTIVATION:
It is a mathematical fact: if you workout 6 times a week, eat clean 6 times a day (every 2-3 hours), and track your progress, ripped is a mathematical certainty. So that is the basis of this challenge, to track that mathematical certainty with a little math.

MATHEMATICALLY CERTAIN OUTCOMES:
These are what I believe to be mathematically certain outcomes of doing these things with consistency and discipline:
# 1) You become happy, with a happiness and inner self-esteem that you alone control
# 2) Your whole life goes to a new level - everything following your fitness - your work, your relationships and friendships, your hobbies and interests, your success
# 3) You get ripped

PREMISE OF THE 100 POINT CHALLENGE:
The premise of this challenge is pretty simple: Each participant starts the month with 100 points. A point is deducted each time a workout is missed, a meal is missed, an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack is consumed or a daily update to your official challenge post is missed. The goal, of course, is to finish the month with 100 points!

THE 100 POINT CHALLENGE RULES:
# 1) The challenge begins on Monday, August 3, 2009 and goes to the end of the month. (It's sometimes better to start on a Monday than a weekend) The game is performed one month at a time and then I will reassess to see if it will be continued the following month.

# 2) It doesn't matter if you are aiming to lose weight, bulking up or maintaining. The common goal here is 100% consistency. It doesn't matter what program you are doing. It can be running, walking, going to the gym or a Beachbody program of your choice. As long as you can workout, then that is what matters.

# 3) Each person participating in the challenge should start with a challenge post on my coaching thread. This means you must post or email me that you are in the game! Your initial posts should have your initial measurements! (photos optional) Your progress must be updated each and every day. The updates won't take long (examples below). If you miss an update, you must deduct a point. Posting will help keep you accountable! If you are not going to post on my coaching thread, I will need an email by end of day each Monday with your previous week's results. If, I do not hear from you on Monday, you must deduct 7 points. If you post on the boards everyday, and miss a day, deduct 1 point. So, posting on the boards will keep you more accountable and not give you as much of a setback for missing a accountability post.

# 4) Miss a workout for the day for any reason, deduct a point. I strongly recommend you log into WOWY and play the Million Dollar Body game! I would love to see your WOWY calendar with a big X to show you are working out! To join WOWY is free! (WOWY= Workout with you, the online super gym!). I may need to use the person with the most logged in workouts as a tie breaker. So, it may be worth it to join us in WOWY. If you are a member of WOWY, include your screen name in your initial email and I will add you to my success buddy list. If I schedule workouts, I will request you to join me if you can!

# 5) Miss a meal for any reason, deduct a point. You must eat 3 meals, 2 snacks a day! This means 5 points per day allowed, each missed is - 1 point. Need help with how to plan your meals, ask me how!

# 6) Eat an unscheduled "cheat" meal or snack, deduct a point. This is -1 for each cheat meal/snack of the day!

Feel free to post before/after pictures if you like (optional). But, you should take your stats every 30 days to track your progress.

Of course this challenge is based on the honor system. You can cheat, but that would be pointless.


EXAMPLE POSTS FOR THE 100 POINT CHALLENGE:

DAILY LOG (Note: Each entry should be completed the day after, or at the end of the same day after all meals/workouts are completed. Will be sure to keep a running total of my points, as shown below.)

Aug 3: I did my cardio and ate all meals as scheduled.
-0 points [100 points]

Aug 4 : My car broke down and I missed my back workout. I walked to Burger King for dinner and had an unscheduled cheat meal.
-2 points [98 points]

Aug 5: I missed my cardio today, but ate all meals as scheduled.
-1 point [97 points]

Aug 6:

Aug 7: I missed yesterday's update, but I did my delts and traps workout yesterday, and ate all meals as scheduled (including my scheduled cheat meal). Today I did my cardio, ate all meals as scheduled and did my leg workout.
-1 point [96 POINTS]

You will continue in this fashion until August 31.

The reason that everything is worth 1 point equally, ie the workouts, each meal, and tracking progress, is because they are all equally important. If all of these 3 things are done, the workouts, the nutrition and the tracked goals, ripped is a mathematical certainty.

Want help with WOWY, your workouts or meal plans, let me know. I am an Online Fitness Coach. Let's work on this together to help you reach your goals!

Don't think you can't do this? As I had heard someone say "Failure is attempting not to try." Try it and see where it leads you. Give this challenge a chance to show that you can do GREAT things for yourself. You have me to support you as well as the other participants and the other Coaches I work with. We are all in this to better ourselves and our bodies!

3 comments:

gizmogirl said...

Laura, does a person need to be doing a beachbody workkout? My twins sister and her friend would be great candidates (and yes, I will do it too - fantastic idea)!

Amy/GrowStrong

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

Amy, any workout will do. The purpose of this challenge is to help motivate you to reach your goals. If you want to do a Beachbody workout, I can suggest what would work for you.

Melissa Deline said...

Starting today. Going to email you every monday though.

Melissa

Love the idea :)

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.