:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Get into a better mood F-A-S-T!

If you are looking to get into a better mood fast, how about adding some exercise. According to a recent study from the University of Vermont, less than a half hour of moderate exercise can substantially improve your mood.

Tests subjects who particicated in the study "...showed significant positive effects on mood-regardless of age, gender, or fitness level-for up to 12 hours after only 20 minutes of moderate-intensity cycle exercise," says lead author Jeremy Sibold. Participants worked at 60% of aerobic max capacity, which is equivilant of light cycling or brisk walking.

So if you are looking for a way to burn some steam, try a little exercise to help boost your mood.

Source: parade magazine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting article, regarding the negative or positive mood, I believe that we define it. As everyone every Monday morning, I'm less than keen to go to work. Once I'm up I motivate myself and while shaving I'm thinking that this will be a fantastic day, I'll catch up with colleagues, I will improve my work and I will come back home and go to the gym. Everything is in our head. :)

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

I thought it was interesting as well. I too, believe that it is all in the mind.

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.