:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Monday, September 28, 2009

I confess....

Earlier this week, I was speaking with my husband over lunch. I was telling him about reading a book called "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson and how this book has already made me realize in less than 35 pages, what I should have been doing all along. I know it's hard to admit sometimes, but we have to look at things straight on to be able to move forward. The primary focus of this book is to help folks achieve success in all aspects of their lives. Each of us have a different definition of what success is so I'm going to use this post in relation to my weight loss efforts.

For many years, I have struggled with wanting to be the "Perfect Size 6". Until this last year, I have come to realize that it isn't something that will happen unless I work for it. There is no pill, no wrap, no magic potion that will make it happen. If I could take all the money I've spent on weight loss products, gimmicks, etc. and had invested it, I would have so much more. No broken heart because it didn't happen and a sizeable savings account that could come in handy one day.

I've also learned that it's all about time and how much effort I put into it. For 33 years, I didn't take care of my body. I didn't always eat right and I certainly didn't exercise in the right way. Luckily, through a friend, I found Beachbody. Using Beachbody's support system, I learned that with every passing day, that the better I treated my body, the better I would feel and that I would see results if I stuck with it. It has changed me; physically, mentally and financially. I actually enjoy working out and helping others achieve their own goals. I like talking with like minded people and I like the fact that there are real people who have struggled just like I have and are willing to make the changes in their lives just like me. So many of us have wanted the "instant" results without really putting 100% into it. Is that you? I want you to know that I am committed 150%. I want to be healthy and proud of who I am. I want to be lean and capable. I want to be around for my girls and for my husband and the rest of my family and friends. My success will be determined by working out each day and eating right. With those things, I will get to where I am supposed to be....size 6 or not.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.