:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a week!

What a week it's been!  When I last posted an update on my mom, I was sitting here in PA without an accurate diagnosis. Because so many things needed taken care of and that I wanted to be there for my mom, I went home to NC for the week.  This past Thursday, we got the call from the Oncology Office and were asked to meet on Friday morning.  It was nerve wracking to have to wait for an answer these last couple of weeks.  Just the uncertainty of things was so stressful.  Things more or less sounded grim and basically we were just waiting for a time frame on how much time she had left.  When we got to the office and met with her Doctor, we learned that she has Stage 3 cancer.  What a miracle!!!!  She will need chemo, surgery to remove her breast as well as some possible radiation but her outcome is better than we had expected.

I have to tell you all, I've never seen cancer until Friday.  The Doctor made it a point for me to look at my mom's breast.  She wanted me to see what can happen when you leave things untreated.  It's one scene that I will remember forever!  I've never seen cancer and to tell you the truth, I never want to see it again!!!!!  Unfortunately, she let this go for quite some time.  Had she been examined earlier this year, she might have been in a better situation.  After this week, I am scheduling an appointment with my Doctor to get checked out.  I hope that you do the same.  Talk to your Doctor and see what kinds of services are there to help you. 

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.