:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

640 lbs and Loosing

One of my most favorite things to do is read success stories of others.  I get EXCITED when I get my Fitness or Weight Watchers magazines in and I flip through the pages because I see the changes that have been made in folks.  Or I might be on Facebook or Twitter and I see that someone improved their workout time from 10 minutes to 20 minutes or even try a new fruit or veggie.  It’s the little things that add up over time that help us make life long changes.

For some, it may be about appearance but for me, it's so much more.  The changes in a person's health or mental attitude can be AMAZING!  Take someone for example this morning that I was reading about.  She started at 640 pounds and in 1 year, has dropped over a 100 pounds!  She was unhappy, severely depressed and having daily anxiety attacks.  She was also living with un-diagnosed stage 4 breast cancer and in a marriage that didn't work.  She was unemployed and broke, just completely miserable but she changed that.  She knew that she needed more out of life and that she was the only one that could control things.  She decided to start eating clean, train for a 5k and get her life back.  I’m so happy to report to you that she is doing well!

Doesn’t that inspire you?  It does me.  I’m willing to stay focused on living a healthier lifestyle and I’m willing to get out and enjoy the things that I can do.   I can’t change what happened for the last 25 years (okay, make that 36 years and only because I’m being honest) but I can change what I do moving forward.  Are you ready to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
That is such an inspiring
story...
Thanks for posting.
Take care!

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

Glad you liked it. I know it inspired me!

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.