:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Do what YOU love!


When you begin your exercise program, you have to choose something you enjoy, otherwise you will not be miserable and end up potentially failing.  


I know this from my own experience and it's taken me a while to figure that out.  


I've tried structured plans and have participated in complete rounds of various programs but I have the kind of personality that gets bored easily.  I need constant change to keep myself happy.


I aim for some sort of cardio activity at least 5-6 days per week for 30 minutes.  It might consist of Turbo Fire (which I LOVE!), a walk on the treadmill while catching up on a show that I've DVR'd or some belly dancing.


When you find that your activity is one in which you enjoy, you're more apt to following through with each day.  And then, each day that you do it, it will become a consistent and healthy habit.


What are some physical activities that you enjoy doing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great post Laura, This is exactly where I am at... Trying to rediscover what I do LIKE "to do..." It is a crazy journey...
Take care,
Lisa

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

I hear ya lady! Our family goal this summer is to get out and try EVERYTHING....hiking, bike riding, etc. so that we can find what we LOVE as a family and be more active.

TheFitness said...

Cool post Laura! I'm very interested in fitness and health and find your posts great. Just starting up my own blogs on my journey.

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

Thanks so much! Do come back and also share your link with me. :)

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.