:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Caffeine Break

I'm AMAZED! Yesterday began week 3 without caffeine. It's part of the Bring It! Cleanse that my family, friends and some clients are doing.

And, I have to tell you that after being without it, I don't really mind it.  I was a little intimidated about the Cleanse but as outlined in the book, it's okay to take a break.   I’m making sure that I’m drinking my water, sipping my green tea and drinking Club Soda for the fizz.  I know that giving by up caffeine, that my body is already noticing a change.  I feel like I'm in not as much pain, I can focus better and  I've got more control.

Did you know that Caffeine can have some pretty strong side effects?  Take a list of what problems can occur.

·         Increasing hypertension risks
·         keeps the liver busy from filtering other toxins
·         tooth decay
·         weakened bones
·         addiction/dependence
·         causes anxiety
·         a cycle of hyperactivity and/or inability to focus, followed by a subsequent "crash"
·         disrupted sleep habits
·         may interfere with weight loss and has been linked to hypoglycemia
·         buying coffee products may fund inhumane labor overseas
·         financial costs to support caffeine purchases
·         has been linked to affecting learning behavior (unkown if positive or negative yet)
·         caffeine dehydrates your body
·         a desire for a healthier pregnancy
·         decreased libido or sexual performance

    Does any of this sound familiar?  Put this list somewhere that you can see it regularly, like on your mirror or work desk (or both).  It will help keep you motivated.

    Ready to join me?  I dare ya to do it?  Just take a week and see what happens.


    No comments:

    Clicky Web Analytics

    Disclaimers

    Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

    Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.