:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh the Temptation of Birthday Cake....

As I am sitting here writing this, it is my oldest daughter's birthday. Everyone knows what usually happens on a birthday, you eat cake. I hate to tell her and she will not know, but cake is not an approved item on my diet. The good thing about it is that I prefer a second helping of dinner over dessert. The bad thing about it though is that we are having lasagna. It happens to be one of my favorites. How am I going to deal with such a temptation? Well, for starters, I am fixing a big salad. . Also, I'll make sure to drink a glass of water half an hour prior to my meal and I'll have one serving of my lasagna and then walk away. I have to realize that even though I might still feel like I need more to eat, that I already had a portion and that I can have an evening snack later on.

So what do you do if you would rather have the cake than a second helping? Go ahead but stick to the proper portion amount or eat less if you can. It's okay to have something like this for a treat. When making Bailey's cake, I found a box of reduced sugar cake and icing. This will really lower what we are consuming and it doesn't really taste any different. So go out, enjoy your birthday without any guilt.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'd have the cake but a small piece.thanks for the blog visit.have a great week partying.

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.