:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Laney's Weigh In

Tuesday evening was Laney's first Weigh in and I was glad that we went, especially after consulting with the vet. We got to the office a few minutes early and I let her sniff around as usual. Looking back, it was probably a mistake. When it was time to go in, she refused. I could tell she did not want to be there. She wouldn't budge when I tugged on her leash and called her name. I had to pick her up and take her in.

When we got into the office, they weighed her and I found out that she had gained 5 pounds from her last appointment. Because she takes prescription medicine for her allergies occasionally, some of her weight gain could be attributed to it. Regardless, she is overweight and we need to take precautions so that she is healthier. Just like people, excess weight can affect the body's joints, sleep habits, breathing, etc.

The Doc came in and we talked about her new feeding routine. We were given a sheet containing the recommended calories she should consume each day. I'm going to try adding in some veggies to her dog food too to help fill her up. She doesn't have a lot to lose but enough that places her in the overweight category. I think that in the beginning, this will seem like torture to her and it will break my heart to see her beg but in the long run, her body will adapt. Just like mine has.

Also, at this appointment, the Doc gave her a check up and informed us that Laney's ears were extremely irritated. The is not uncommon for Cocker Spaniel's. We have our work cut out for us. There are ointments to help fight the growth of bad bacteria and then a solution to keep her ears cleaned. If left untreated or not taken care of properly, surgery would be inevitable.

I am so glad that we went! I would hate to put her in a situation that we could very easily take care of. So, I've got a few things that I am working on with her and I think that we are going to make it through all of it. The family is on board with helping me get her back into shape and we're working on getting her ears healthier too. I'll be sure to tell you how her diet works. I'm very excited that my little babe will be back to her old self soon.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.