:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Friday, April 9, 2010

My Bad choices....

Teaching your children to eat healthy can really be a chore. With obesity on the rise at every age level, it's important for children to learn healthy habits now. After years of struggling with my own weight, some medical conditions and then seeing how MY bad choices influenced my family, I know that WE have to make changes now!!!


My children had no choice in what I fed them. My husband, Bob, could have cared less what he ate as long as it was some type of meat and a potato. Unfortunately, they were served hamburger helped meals, mac and cheese, processed chicken tenders, etc. Almost everything that I prepared for them didn't benefit their little bodies in any way other than to satisfy their hunger. At that time, I was a new mom, my cooking skills hadn't really developed and I worked all the time it seemed. It's not that I didn't care but that I didn't know any better.


In 2004, through an at work weight loss program, I started learning how to become healthier through a balanced diet and exercise. At that time, I started serving more meals with better nutritional value. It wasn't something that happened overnight. It was a learning process that took time.


Over the years, I have worked hard on finding better ways to be healthier. I've incorporated exercise into our lives; we walk, bike ride, play the Wii for example. Anything to get us up and moving, away from the television set. Our meals are served with lean proteins and veggies or fruits. I also add some healthy starches too. Processed foods are limited.


I'm really proud of the progress that my family has made over the last few years. I'm so excited to be able to help them and others learn how to implement positive changes into their lives. If you want to do the same, I would love talking to you to see how I can help. Click here to send me a request for help.

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.