:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Monday, October 4, 2010

Whoa! What's a girl to do.....

Whoa!  What's a girl to do?  Over the last few weeks, I have had some of the most exciting experiences in my life and some of the worst.  I've been to Nashville to see the Steelers defeat the Titans and then the following weekend to Chicago to meet some of my Beachbody Business Partners.  Both were pretty awesome times and events that I will treasure for the rest of my life.  I've been pretty fortunate that I have been able to travel and enjoy life.  Not everyone gets to do that and I won't take any of it for granted.  Sometimes though, life throws a curve ball at you.  You think everything is grand and than BAM! it hits you like a ton of bricks. 


Last week, my mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  More than likely, it's stage 4.  Her Doctors feel pretty confident that is her diagnosis without all of the tests coming back in until the next week or so.  Stage 4 is the worst of all of the stages.  Until all of her testing is complete, we don't really know what we are dealing with.  Her doctor has already started her on chemo and the 4 of us (my siblings) are putting plans into motion.  There is no history of breast cancer on this side of my family so it's taken us by surprise.  Over the last few days, I have been educating myself on what, when, where this journey will take us.  Is it going to be easy?  Not at all!  I do know though that I have to continue living life as normal as I can.  My girls need the stability as do I.  I need to continue to eat right and exercise.  My mom would want that.


So, my goals for this week are to continue to participate in the Eat Clean Challenge and to get my exercise in.  I will continue to be the best wife, mom, sister, friend and coach that I can be.  Over the course of the next few weeks, months, years, etc. life may change but I have to remember to keep myself a priority.

10 comments:

Shawnee said...

Wow, Laura -- life has thrown your family a big curve ball. I think you're smart for knowing you HAVE to take care of yourself in order to be able to support your mom's cancer fight.

Blessings,
Shawnee
@ShawneeH

Anonymous said...

hugs my moms a cancer survivor and i hope your mom will be one too best of luck this next week

lorrie

Stephen and Amanda O'Dair blog said...

I am sorry on your mother canar, know that this group is here for you. I wish there was something I could say but know I am oraying for you and your family. *hugs*

Laura Kelly-Pifer said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot!

~Lori~ said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep you both in my thoughts and send you positive vibes.
Take care of yourself and know that we are always here for you.

Steph-Fit Mom in Training said...

I'm praying for you and your family. My heart breaks for you. One day, we'll have a cure for this horrible disease. Sending big hugs and love your way.

Rachel said...

I am so sorry to hear this news about your mother -- you're exactly right . . . you do need to continue taking care of yourself; the additional stress of all of this will take its toll on you and you'll need your health and energy to be there for your family and your mother.

Praying for you and your mother.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. Definitely sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Best of luck this week.

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Prayers are with you and your family! ((HUGS))

kia said...

My prayers are with you, your mom, and your family. I wish you the best in keeping yourself healthy and functioning at your optimal level as you face what life has thrown at you recently.

You can do it!

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.