:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Health Challenge

After taking a month off from doing a health challenge, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.  I've tried to be cautious of what I eat and drink but I'm only human and I do splurge every once in a while.  A challenge tends to hold me more accountable to my goals.  I hope after reading this post that you decide to join me.

After a lot of consideration, I've decided that my next challenge will come from Tony Horton's Bring It!  book.  (See the link for more info.)  If you aren't familiar with Tony Horton, he created the workout program P90X

This will be a 30 day Challenge that begins on Monday, June 27th.  The purpose of this Challenge is to promote a healthier lifestyle through clean eating.  There will be 3 different cleanses that are outlined in the book based on YOUR comfort level.  One of the things that I like most about this cleanse is that it's a gradual cleanse.  I know for me when I was just starting out, to quit something "cold turkey" made me frustrated and unsure about doing it.  This cleanse takes it week by week.  You can also choose to do it for just 30 days or extend it even more so.

So, you're probably wondering what you are giving up.  Well, here are the changes that you will be making....

-  NO Alcohol or Caffeine
-  NO Dairy products
-  NO Refined sugars or flours
-  NO Gluten products (wheat products; whole grain wheat or otherwise).
-  NO Meat or animal products (this also includes eggs & fish)

Now remember, YOU can choose the cleanse that works for YOU and you are eliminating a product week by week.  For example, in one of the three cleanses, eliminating caffeine is in week 1 and alcohol is in week 2 and so on. In my opinion, you will need this book so that you have access to complete cleanse information.  Bring It!: The Revolutionary Fitness Plan for All Levels That Burns Fat, Builds Muscle, and Shreds Inches plus, there is a workout plan included if you chose to use it.

Bob, my husband and I, have decided that we are doing the Cleanse as a family.  We are going to do the Cleanse that best works for us.   You do the same.


Okay, so now that you know what you are giving up, you're probably wondering what the challenge details are.  They are:


1. Take your before and after measurements and weight and email them to me. 
2.  Monday's will be reporting day.  Email them to me weekly.
3.  Be accountable in my Facebook group.  Post daily to keep yourself accountable.  Post your meal plans, your workout of the day, your measurements and weight if you feel comfortable.  No one will judge you on what you are doing.  We want the best for you!
4.  Workout a minimum of 5 days per week or what your workout schedule indicates in your guide book.
5. It's okay to use Shakeology for the cleanse.  Tony uses it!  Just remember that at some point, dairy will be excluded.


So, now that you have the info, I need for you to email me with a response as to if you are participating.  This cleanse should be a life changer for you.  Are you ready???

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.