:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Friday, July 1, 2011

Interested vs Committed

There's a difference between being committed and interested. Interested means you'll do what's convenient, while committed means you will do WHATEVER IT TAKES! - John Assaraf


WOW!  What do you think when you read that?   

When you’re interested in something, you tend to stay with your plan until something better comes along.  When you’re committed, you have a different outlook.  You’ll do what it takes to reach your goal.  You’ll stick with it no matter what.

With weight loss, I was “interested” for so many years.  I wasn’t entirely committed to reaching my goal.   I’d go out and buy some diet pills or frozen low calorie dinners but I really wouldn’t put the forth the work.  I was too busy looking for a quick fix when I already knew what I needed to do.   I didn’t exercise and when someone brought donuts to the office for example, my attitude was “one won’t hurt.”  Therefore, I never did end up reaching my goal  weight with that attitude.

Now that I’m committed, I’m seeing  the results from working out and eating right.  Yes, it is taking me longer and yes, I’ve had my fair share of setbacks.  But, I am NOT allowing that to defeat me.  Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromylagia can be difficult for me some days and the side effects from my medication make it a struggle but, that’s not an excuse that I should use to stop me from reaching my goals.  I’ve developed a “no matter what” kind of attitude.  I know that my goals are my responsibility and that I’m willing to do the work to reach them all.

I challenge you TODAY, to do one thing that demonstrates that you are truly committed to whatever your goal may be.  If it’s weight loss, take a walk or eat an apple and then comment below on what you did.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.