:: Exercise and Beyond :: Contact Coach Laura :: Advertise Here ::

Sunday, February 27, 2011

No pain, No gain?

It's Sunday morning and I'm sitting here enjoying my morning cup of coffee.  The unfortunate thing though is that I know when I try to stand up and start my day, that my legs will want to give out on me and with each step I take, I will be in pain.  I ache all over and I can already tell that today is just going to be miserable for me.

If you didn't know me and know my story, you would never guess that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Most folks assume that is an older person's condition.  But it's not; even little kids can get arthritis.  So, it's time to fess up....You see, I've been a little naughty.  For the last 3 weeks, I've not taken my arthritis medicine and as of this weekend, it's caught up with me.  Why?  Well, to be completely honest, I wanted to lose weight before an up and coming vacation.

Last year when my Doctor put me on it, I gained approximately 20 pounds over a 4 month period.  Since then, I've had a hard time loosing.  I was 10 pounds away from goal until my weight gain.  Since I eat fairly healthy and I exercise, you would think that it should come off but instead, it's taking what seems like an eternity to get there.  I became inpatient with and decided to take matters into my own hands. And instead of loosing weight, I jeopardized my health. So now, it's like starting all over.  And I don't want to go back to where I was last year.  It not only affected me but everyone around me.  Sometimes when you hurt, you hurt the ones you love unintentionally.


So, I'm reminded of a few things because of this.

1. I have to stay on my medication; no ifs, ands or buts.
2. I feel better with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
3. I can not compare my body to that of anyone else because we are all different.
4. I will take my supplements.  I feel better and have more energy.
5. I will continue the Body by Vi Challenge that I started this week.  (Already down 1.5 lbs this week!)
6. To be patient.  (This one will be hard!) 
7. I am healthier and stronger than ever before.


No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics

Disclaimers

Exercise and proper diet are necessary to achieve and maintain weight loss and muscle definition. Results may vary. Always consult your physician and/or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or diet program. Any testimonials featured may have used more than one Beachbody product or extended that program to achieve their results. Any response or information given is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace the advice of a physician and/or healthcare professional. If you experience any pain or difficulty with exercise or diet, stop and consult your physician and/or healthcare professional immediately.

Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach's income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings at www.teambeachbody.com/incomechart.pdf for the most recent information on the actual incomes for all our Coaches.